Thursday, May 20, 2010

family blessings


Today I have been reminded of how blessed I truly am. My family is amazing but something I have noticed is that as we grow our distance does too; not necessarily in a bad way, just simply in a way of lifes course. We all attend different schools, have different hobbies and do different things, but we are a family and coming together is one of the greatest moments I now get to experience. Maybe its the corny jokes Joel tells, or its the dances I see my dad come up with, or maybe its the way I get to see Stevie interact with the kids, or the love I can see in my moms eyes. Maybe it's the way the kids swarming around us as though we are celebrities, or the fact that we no longer fit around the table. It could be the joy of a guitar coming out with a new song being played and kids dancing around the floor, or quiet possibly its the late nights playing mario or sitting in the family room drinking coffee and swapping stories, whatever the case may be as I grow these times of gathering are something I cant help but to look forward to.

With Stevie leaving in a couple of days for the next few months the reality of the entire family being together has hit me. In this last week we will experience this for the last time until August. When looking to this date joy bubbles up inside me as I already have a picture of Levi, Gabe, Isaac, Joshua, Gabby, Rosie, Jonah, Luke, Cheyenne, Elle, Jesse, Me, Joel and my mom and dad greeting Stevie as he comes home. The whole family together again with stories being told and memories being made... just as life should be.

I am truly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment