Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mothers Day


Like most holidays my family has our traditions and mothers day is no exception. About 8 years back my older brothers and I gathered up all the kids and the red wheel barrow and took the hike up the block to the corner flower nursery. After walking around and debating on which flower would be perfect we would finally agree load the rose bush into the wagon, roll it up to the register, pull out our saved cash, and head back down the street to home.

Though our traditions has slightly changed: instead of walking we now have to take a car a few miles away and instead of 5 children with different opinions there are now 11, but the rose bush for mothers day has continued. It is a great experience to see the kids do something for my mom because she does so much for us. The rose is a constant reminder of the love we have for my mom, it is a gift that keeps giving.

Mom we love you Happy Mothers Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment