Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Breakfast



Growing up in a family of 16 you learn to take anything that is freely offered to you, so when we heard that Chick-fil-a was offering free breakfast this week we couldn't resist. Stevie and I woke up at 6am this morning and went to pick up the kids. I was so excited I felt like a kid going to Disneyland for the first time! The kids didn't know we were doing this so I walked into Rosie and Gabby's room while they were still asleep, jumped on there bed and told them to get ready for breakfast. The kids got dressed and we piled into the van.

While we were driving they wouldn't stop talking about anything and everything. We got to Chick-fil-a ordered our 7 free burrito's and a coffee to help me keep up the energized kids. We found our seats and the kids dug in. They enjoyed the food and I enjoyed the company.

It is times like these that I am reminded of how blessed I truly am. I have mentioned that life is hard... and it is but it is so worth it! If my parents weren't doing this then these 11 children would have no home, and no future and I am certain I would not be the person I am today. I would never have memories like these and I would not experience what it means to truly give. It is true when they say it is better to give than to receive!

No comments:

Post a Comment