Saturday, January 16, 2010

Levi


Levi is one of the cutest little boys you will meet. He is a personality that can make anyone laugh and a face that makes you want to do nothing more than hug and kiss him. Levi came to live with us 3 years ago after he had been living in a shelter home for a year. He was born with cleft palate as well as having the whole left side of his body deformed. Because of his deformities Levi was considered unadoptable and was left in a shelter home (which is supposed to be a temporary 90 day home)for a year.

After when my mom randomly visited Levi's current home she instantly feel in love with him. After much prayer and convincing my dad that one more child would be no different Levi was placed into our home. Instantly he fit in and all the kids loved having a new brother around, or for the little girls a new doll. :] We thought that everything would go smoothly considering the situation, but like all the other adoptions we hit a rough patch. Levi's social worker was not pleased with us because he got in trouble for leaving him in a shelter home for too long. He decided that because of this we should not be allowed to have Levi. After months of fighting we finally won and an adoption date was set. Levi is now named Levi David Hasemeyer and life would not be the same without him.

I am often told that you don't know true love until you have had your own children and experienced the love you get from them, but now I don't know if that is true. I can't imagine feeling a deeper love for then the way I feel it for Levi. I know there is a different kind of love I will someday feel for my husband and one that is different than the one i feel for my parents, but I love Levi as though he is my own. He brings a different joy and love to my life, just as all the kids do. Life is glorious when I go home and he comes running to me for a hug and a kiss at that moment there is no greater joy that can be felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment